In response to the current health crisis, Corpus Christi School remains committed to every child’s education. Get to know the details of our Distance Education brand for SY 2020-2021.
- WHAT MODE OF LEARNING DELIVERY DOES CORPUS CHRISTI SCHOOL EMPLOY?
Distance Education or Distance Learning.
- WHAT IS DISTANCE EDUCATION/DISTANCE LEARNING?
Distance Education or Distance Learning is a way of learning remotely without the students being physically present in a school.
- WHAT CHARACTERIZES THE CCS DISTANCE EDUCATION?
It is purely online with a balanced combination of synchronous and asynchronous learnings.
- WHAT IS SYNCHRONOUS LEARNING?
It is a type of learning wherein all the students learn at the same time. This usually involves video or teleconferencing, connecting teachers and students digitally.
- WHAT IS ASYNCHRONOUS LEARNING?
Instead of learning through the live online lessons with a teacher, the students further learn through the assignments they do at their own pace but with a deadline set by the teacher. Assignments and other learning materials may be viewed in the CCS Learning Management System and/or may be received through the email address that the parents provide the school.
- WHAT IS A LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
A Learning Management System (LMS) is a software application for the administration, documentation, tracking, reporting, and delivery of electronic educational technology (also called e-learning) courses or training programs.
- WHAT IS THE LMS PROVIDER OF CORPUS CHRISTI SCHOOL?
WELA School Systems
- WHY DOES CCS CHOOSE THE WELA SCHOOL SYSTEMS?
It is user-friendly and it is customized based on the CCS standards and needs to ensure quality delivery of learning and other services.
- WHAT TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS DOES THE CCS LMS REQUIRE?
It runs with mobile data at the very least. Thus, smartphones and tablets can be used. However, a laptop/PC and a reliable internet connection are far more advantageous.
- ARE STUDENTS GUIDED/ORIENTED ON NAVIGATING THE LMS?
An orientation is conducted during the first week of classes.
- HOW PREPARED ARE THE CCS TEACHERS TO CONDUCT DISTANCE EDUCATION?
The CCS teachers have undergone adequate capacity- and skill-building sessions to deliver their craft online.
- ARE PARENTS EXPECTED TO SUPERVISE/ASSIST THEIR CHILDREN’S LEARNING AT HOME? TO WHAT EXTENT?
Although primary learning happens during synchronous classes and development of independence is strongly encouraged, parents are expected to supervise their children particularly when the children do their asynchronous tasks.
- WHAT MUST WE PREPARE AT HOME?
Prepare a work area for your child away from loud noise or distractions, and with ample lighting. Also, prepare a table, a comfortable chair, the gadget to be used, a headset or earphones with microphone, a 9 x 12 inches whiteboard, a whiteboard pen, and a whiteboard eraser.
- WHAT IS THE ONLINE CLASS SIZE?
There are 12-15 students in a class for grade school, and 15-20 students for high school.
- HOW LONG WILL MY CHILD BE ONLINE FOR SYNCHRONOUS SESSIONS IN A DAY?
He/she will be online for 2-3 hours a day, depending on the grade level. It may be longer for high school students.
- DO STUDENTS NEED TEXTBOOKS?
Textbooks are needed as reference materials, especially for asynchronous learning. Certain subject/learning areas require them.
- HOW DOES THE SCHOOL SUPPORT THE STUDENTS AND THE PARENTS?
The teachers and the other personnel are available for consultation through the messaging feature of the CCS LMS during the specified time.
- IS DISTANCE EDUCATION (DE) GOING TO BE THE MODE OF LEARNING IN CCS THROUGHOUT THE SCHOOL YEAR?
After weighing all the advantages and disadvantages, Corpus Christi School has decided to have DE throughout the school year.
- WHEN DO CLASSES BEGIN AND END?
Classes open on August 3, 2020 and end on April 16, 2021.
- WHEN DOES ONLINE ENROLLMENT START?
We hope to start on June 4, 2020.
- WHAT ARE THE DETAILS FOR TUITION FEE?
You may access the updated matrix of tuition and fees here.